Wheels to Work Pilot Program
Indego has teamed up with the Better Bike Share Partnership and the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Transportation, Infrastructure, and Sustainability to launch Wheels to Work, a 4-week training course for adult job seekers that combines workforce development with learning about Indego and bicycling. Individuals who complete the program will receive a free six-month pass to Indego!
Participants will learn tips on building their resume, LinkedIn page, and interview skills, while completing assignments related to Indego and bike safety education. Each week, classes will be held online via Zoom on Tuesday night from 5:30 – 7:30pm. All the work for the course will be done online at the participants’ own pace. Plan to allocate approximately 4-6 hours (2 hours of scheduled workshops and 2-4 independent work) each week. A computer with internet access is required to participate in online worships and complete online assignments individually. Additionally, there will be a course instructor providing one-on-one assistance and in-person support for those who need it.
Participants will be required to attend one in-person group ride with the other participants of the class. Has it been a while since you last rode a bike? The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia will be offering a Learn to Ride class for participants who would like to build up their bicycling skills and learn tips for safe cycling.
Ready to get started?
Save the dates below and submit your application to be a participant!
Virtual Orientation: Zoom link will be emailed to you after registration
- Tuesday, September 14th, from 5:30pm – 7:30 pm
Virtual Zoom Workshops: Optional support sessions are available after each class until 8:30.
- Tuesday, September 21st, from 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 28th, from 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 5th, from 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Learn to Ride Class:
- Saturday, September 18th, from 10:00 - 11:00 am at the Front & Carpenter Indego Station (925 S. Front St.)
Participant Group Rides:
- Thursday, September 23rd, from 5:30-7:30 pm at the Dornsife Center Indego station (3599 Spring Garden)
- Saturday, October 2nd, from 12:00 – 2:00 pm at the 39th & Mt. Vernon Indego station, Mantua Haverford Community Center (631 N. 39th St.)
- Tuesday, October 12th from 5:30 – 7:00 at The Dornsife Center (3599 Spring Garden)
The application deadline is August 31st! Please complete the application form below to participate in this class! Once your application has been submitted and reviewed, you’ll be contacted by the course instructor.
This program is brought to you by The Better Bike Share Partnership (BBSP), a national initiative working to incorporate equity and access in shared micro-mobility. BBSP is funded by the JBP Foundation.